Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Small suggestion for towny and /t claiming

I have noticed something with towny that really needs a little bit of attention; whenever you /t claim something it is only ever shown to you. This isn't good especially if you have assistants that do not ask if they should be /t claiming something that is nearby the town. For another example they can claim outposts that the mayor may never even know about until finding out in the worst way possible when the town runs out of plots to use. This can cause all kinds of arguments and mistrust of adding perfectly qualified assistants to a mayor's roster. My suggestion is this; whenever something is /t claimed by anyone in the town, it shows up just as if you were talking in /tc. Now I know this may not be an issue in some towns but my town has very specific rules about coming to me before ever /t claiming or /t claim outposting anything since we are currently in the middle of moving our town. This would also take away any issues with assistants who think they are better than other townies and claim just out of greed for themselves. This would be the best solution as it would show everyone in the town who is on that someone is claiming something and if that is not okay in their town they can run it by their mayor and take the best course of action.
    Hopefully I'm not the only mayor that sees the need for this.
    Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations.
    ~Garrus Vakarian~

Blog Entries
    I think this is a wonderful idea, considering its not always clear when the claiming happened until its discovered way later. It would also help to log the towny bank as well. The prompt can show up as [town plot claimed you now have (X amount) in the bank.] It can also link into plot claims by doing the same message but as [Resident plot claimed] or [Resident plot claimed (x amount) plots left for sale]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani_Snow View Post
    I think this is a wonderful idea, considering its not always clear when the claiming happened until its discovered way later. It would also help to log the towny bank as well. The prompt can show up as [town plot claimed you now have (X amount) in the bank.] It can also link into plot claims by doing the same message but as [Resident plot claimed] or [Resident plot claimed (x amount) plots left for sale]
    I enjoy all of this into addition of showing. It would really help mayors budget out how much they can /t claim for their town at any given point in time.
    ~Garrus Vakarian~

Blog Entries
    yeah it would. it would also be helpful for both new and vet mayors since it would give a better record keeping, makes you aware of how much is in the bank, and it sucks having to do /t while claiming to double check things. x.x

I like the idea! It wouldn't be to incredibly hard to impose either from the point of view that towny already gives a response when a plot is put up "forsale" by anyone in the town. Theoretically an additional dialogue could be mirrored off of that aspect. Good thinking momo!
    Sometimes, we don't need to ask questions. Just sit and listen; hear people tell their tales and comfort and advise them when they need it the most.

~GenII

Blog Entries
    Thank you Thran and I can't take all the credit. Jax was helping me hash out ideas for this so it's his idea too.
    ~Garrus Vakarian~

...This is actually a very good idea.
    Jordi-Li Masters
    Mod, Emerald Realm

Jordi's fan fics: FFN AO3

Blog Entries
    I really like this idea. Would help ensure the mayor knows what's going on in their town before finding a surprise they didn't want.

Might I also suggest a way for mayors to toggle claim permissions? This would be another way to regulate who can make claims. This way if the mayor sees the above proposed alerts and feels the claim system is abused, they can toggle the permissions off while they decide how to handle the situation.

@Jaxedge87
    "Forget normal! You know why? If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Blog Entries
    That make things actually way more secure and way better for the town as a whole Jax. That way if you see the abuse it can be dealt with in a diplomatic manner. Or with a little bit of bapping I'm a pacifist so I bap rarely XD.
    ~Garrus Vakarian~

Blog Entries
    I am behind this. I think this is a wonderful idea.