For those of you who do not know, Optifine is a system designed to smooth out your Minecraft gameplay. Some benefits of Optifine include:
- doubling the FPS is common
- decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay
Variable Render Distance
- from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps
- sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
Configurable Smooth Lighting
- from 1% - smooth lighting without shadows
- to 100% - smooth lighting with full shadows
Performance: VSync - Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smooth FPS - stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers
- Smooth Input - fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far - loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
- Preloaded Chunks - defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
- Chunk Updates per Frame - allows for faster world loading
- Dynamic Updates - loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
As we immigrate to the 1.9 update of Minecraft, we have noticed many players having significant issues with framerates while playing on our servers. In order to mitigate these issues, Zombiemold and the rest of the staff are now urging all players on Vox Populi to install Optifine on their computers. This will enable everyone to enjoy our servers in the fullest way possible.
In addition, Zombiemold has mentioned that there will be something happening on the server that he very much recommends players get Optifine for, so please get it!! I have included a short guide on how to install Optifine.
Start by visiting this website: https://optifine.net/downloads and clicking on Preview Versions.
Click to download the most recent Optifine version, and wait 5 seconds on the next page for this button to appear, then click it.
After it downloads, find your download output folder, and double click on the file that appears there.
after it loads in, restart your minecraft client. If the profile that comes up is not called Optifine, go to Edit Profile, Use Version, and Select the appropriate Optifine profile.
Once you have done this, feel free to hit Play, and enjoy!!!