Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Post Optifine for 1.9 --- Very Important!!!

For those of you who do not know, Optifine is a system designed to smooth out your Minecraft gameplay. Some benefits of Optifine include:

FPS boost
    - doubling the FPS is common
    - decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay

Variable Render Distance
    - from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps
    - sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance

Configurable Smooth Lighting
    - from 1% - smooth lighting without shadows
    - to 100% - smooth lighting with full shadows

Performance: VSync - Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay

FPS control
    - Smooth FPS - stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers
    - Smooth Input - fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities

Chunk Loading Control
    - Load Far - loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
    - Preloaded Chunks - defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
    - Chunk Updates per Frame - allows for faster world loading
    - Dynamic Updates - loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still

As we immigrate to the 1.9 update of Minecraft, we have noticed many players having significant issues with framerates while playing on our servers. In order to mitigate these issues, Zombiemold and the rest of the staff are now urging all players on Vox Populi to install Optifine on their computers. This will enable everyone to enjoy our servers in the fullest way possible.

In addition, Zombiemold has mentioned that there will be something happening on the server that he very much recommends players get Optifine for, so please get it!! I have included a short guide on how to install Optifine.

Start by visiting this website: https://optifine.net/downloads and clicking on Preview Versions.

Screen_1.jpg

Click to download the most recent Optifine version, and wait 5 seconds on the next page for this button to appear, then click it.

Screen_2.png

After it downloads, find your download output folder, and double click on the file that appears there.

Screen_3.png

after it loads in, restart your minecraft client. If the profile that comes up is not called Optifine, go to Edit Profile, Use Version, and Select the appropriate Optifine profile.

Screen_4.png

Once you have done this, feel free to hit Play, and enjoy!!!
    God. Devil. Hero. Monster.
    What will you call me?
    People die but it doesn't matter to me. It doesn't matter. Everything......... is mine to toy with. Release it. Open up. Kill....... everything.
    First comes destruction. I create nothing. Forgive nothing. Save nothing. I just erase...completely.

~Ryner Lute

Blog Entries
    xD I installed it, and started running MC, saw some lag on MC and the rest of my laptop, then Nope'd it, closed MC and went back to what I was doing.
    "There are some who call me....Tim."~Tim the Enchanter

If you need a hand in PvP, I'm the guy! I'll be starting training for everyone on Emerald that wishes to learn to PvP with the best of us soon!

P.S.- The trick is to... *dies*

Blog Entries
    The preview versions are still in development, so they may not be fully up to snuff. Keep an eye out for the finished version, it is estimated to be out very soon.

Blog Entries
    I'm not installing optifine until the update is fully released. My computer is very temperamental at the moment.

"I won't be coming home tonight. My generation will put it right. We aren't just making promises that we know we'll never keep." ~~Land of Confusion, Genesis

Blog Entries
    I'm sure this is just an isolated incident on my part, but ever since I've upgraded my computer from a junker, installing optifine actually causes my performance to drop on load-in's in general and on teleport, and it causes my mouse to lose sensitivity which makes it jump across the screen like a spider. Not the ideal performance I want, especially when it counts; and running vanilla seems to be the better option, in my case.

Again, I emphasize that it's probably an isolated incident. This is the first time I've had a problem with optifine before, and it seems to me that it happens with every mod I install, actually, so I'm thinking my issue isn't with optifine specifically, but, rather, with mods in general. Very strange. It's a shame that now I feel like I'm gonna miss out on some cool things because of this problem, though.
    Thank you, Variety, for shaking things up a bit.
    SoundCloud | Steam | dArt

Blog Entries
    Very handy guide Astral, thank you for posting this! For some reason my MC flickers non-stop without optifine so it's good this guide is up, especially for those having client side lag or FPS issues. It's a huge help for me at least.

@Jaxedge87
    "Forget normal! You know why? If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Blog Entries
    For those of you who are interested, the first actual version of optifine is now available (OptiFine 1.9.0 HD U B1)

optifine... *scratches door trying to get it*

I need some help. I tried installing Optifine on my new laptop but it seems Avast antivirus/safezone keeps blocking it. How do I make it an exception? When I try to find the file for it it doesn't show up! I am also not good with these types of things so all I am doing is getting frustrated and getting a headache.

It also keeps doing this thing where when I TRY to download it a thing keeps popping up saying what to open it in/with and I just have no clue. On my old laptop it just downloaded like in the instructions here and it was fine. But now it asks me to open it with/in something and it just keeps messing me up since nothing I see here says anything about that.

Some help would be very nice please!
    Last edited by FluffyLew; 03-30-2016 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added new information

Hey FluffyLew, optifine comes as a .jar file. Which means you need to open it with Java. This is most easily done from the command line. This video can show you how. Just replace the filename with the file you downloaded from the optifine website.